Thursday, May 17, 2007

Jews Love: Dead Religious Extremists

Right before I fell asleep last night, I wrote a brilliant post on Falwell's death. It was witty and erudite without being flippant; it was condemnatory without being mean or dismissive; it called him out for his racist, anti-Semitic, evil, small-minded bullshit, without pandering or ad hominem attacks. Unfortunately, my last thought before sleep was, "I should really write this all down." In case you were wondering, I am, in fact, an idiot.

So, instead, let's let my favorite atheist (no, not the Rooster, although he's up there on the list) say it for me:



A hat tip to the Autodidact for the video and to Smeliana for the blog title. Also, for this little gem, "Jerry Falwell's in a better place now, for all of us."

P.S. Anderson Cooper is so very attractive.

4 comments:

Ritmo Re-Animated said...

"P.S. Anderson Cooper is so very attractive."

But isn't Anderson Cooper gay?

Not that he'd ever admit to it, apparently.

Oh well, more power to him for having the wherewithall to essentially keep it from becoming a media frenzy.

The good thing about male homosexuality is that it widens the available field for straight males. Every heterosexual male in his right mind should be ardently pro-male homosexuality. Go Lambda!

Nice blog, BTW.

Annie said...

I saw him in the airport in Tel Aviv this summer when I went on a family trip, and turned to my brother to say: "Anderson Cooper made his reputation by going to the most dangerous spots in the world, it's a bad sign when he shows up at your vacation spot."

BTW Montana Urban Legend, that is an AWESOME name. I am super-jealous.

Chai18 said...

i would take hitchons seriously if he wasn't such a rabid atheist, some people don't like the ultra religious, i don't like the ultra atheist, its my own personal prejudice

Anonymous said...

Yeah I know what you mean! -TR