Thursday, April 19, 2007

Hard to Be Flippant

in the wake of the Virginia Tech tragedy. I went to a high school that sends a high proportion of its graduates to Virginia Tech, and while most of my friends have graduated, there are one or two kids I know from high school/the neighborhood still there. A girl from my high school, who was on my sports team, was killed, and almost all of my friends lost someone, or have been somehow affected.

There have been a number of public requests, made either by Hokies, or on their behalf, that people wear Orange and Maroon (the Hokie colors) this week. Their loss is our loss.


May they be comforted among the mourners of Zion, and all those who dwell on this earth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in Chicago and have been reading your blog for a couple of months now. I am so sorry that this tragedy has happened. I don't know any words that can soothe the pain that you must be feeling at this time. Just know that the entire VA Tech community is in my thoughts and prayers.

Annie said...

Thanks Chicago_Seeker. It is a bit bizarre, as she and I weren't particularly close, but I knew her, so I am in that weird zone of not knowing what to feel.