In no particular order:
1) Annotated copy of Pride and Prejudice. The annotations start on the cover. The person who got me this gift is awesome.
2) From the roommate: The Making of Victorian Values
3) Sherbs and the Pedant got me a gift certificate to Levana
4) CJ really pulled through on this one, with multiple gifts:
-took me to see Pirates of Penzance at NYC Opera
- bought copies of Topsy Turvy and the Mikado (more to come, maybe Pirates?)
- plastic earrings and "matching" necklace, so that I could feel like I'd been given jewelry.
- an a Capella version of The Luckiest. For the record, I have been nudging CJ to sing to me for a couple months, and originally requested Life Less Ordinary, but I think that he made the right choice. Original song below.
My friends/family know me so well. As my parents forgot my natal day I am waiting for a cool gift from them to make up for it/keep them out of a nursing home.