Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Real Conversations

That I've had with my father:

On my (female) cousin having a male roommate:

Dad: You sure they're not sleeping together?
Me: Dad, they have seperate rooms, what would be the benefit?
Dad: I don't know...
Me: She isn't even attracted to them, it's a platonic friendship.
Dad: There is no such thing for guys. They always want it to go further. Guys think with their dicks, that is why we are called "dickheads."
Me: What about with ugly girls?
Dad: Those girls would have to be dogs.

On my BabyBrother's facebook page:

Me: You haven't seen it, right? I told him that he should probably clean it up before he applies for summer internships.
Dad: Well, actually....
Me: Oh dear.
Dad: No, it is just that he left it signed in, and so I removed the line "smoking mad blunts" from under "interests" and scrubbed the rest of it for drug references.
Me: Has he noticed?
Dad: I don't think so. Maybe he is too busy "smoking mad blunts."

On Moving To Israel:

Dad: If you studied (security studies) in Israel (instead of London), Mom and I might live there for a year or so after I retire. Then you could live with us, just as you and your husband will after you get married.
Me: ...

2 comments:

Amishav said...

well, cool! At least you can HAVE coversations with your father, some of us, unlucky as we are, can't. Enjoy every minute of it.

orieyenta said...

Then you could live with us, just as you and your husband will after you get married.

Must be a Jewish parent thing since that's just what I keep saying to Little Orieyenta. She'll never leave home. LOL