Thursday, August 02, 2007

Bad Day Again

So today is my penultimate day at my job, and it is already sucking. Why? Because:

1) It took a million years to get to work, and in the meantime I was stuck in a sweaty, sweaty environment. So much for looking nice for my date tonight.

2) A bird pooped on me as I exited the bus. No joke. Actual bird poop, on me. And then I had to walk a couple blocks before I could do anything about it.

3) I am exhausted, so I decided to get coffee (unusual for me), and the guy was out of skim milk. Now I am drinking coffee that I don't really want, and it's fattening. Awesome.

4) I couldn't figure out what I wanted to wear this morning, and the roommate (she is my fashion consultant) left before me, so I look sort of like an idiot.

5) Harley is really sick, so I have no one to play with.

At least a bridge didn't collapse under me... which, by the way, is one of my biggest fears. I am always worried about falling through the subway grates, and I rush over bridges because I'm worried about them. I hate when my irrational fears become rational.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you look fine, bird poop is considered good luck (I know it sounds strange but it makes you feel better) and everyone is really hot and gross so don't worry about that.

As to the bridge thing...or a steam pipe or anything really, we all can be happy/thankful we are pissed off and at work and not in the Mississippi/burn ward/etc.

Thanks be the One who is thanked that we are alright and comfort those who are not.

Jack Steiner said...

It could always be worse. You could be stuck in cleveland.

orieyenta said...

In some cultures having a bird poop on you is considered good luck ;)

orieyenta said...

Oh and I'm sure you will look fabulous for your date.

Annie said...

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. Where does the idea that bird poop is good luck come from?

Also, Jack, really, is Cleveland that bad?

Sherbs said...

I always thought some genius came up with "bird poop = good luck" to make you feel better when a bird poops on you. Be thankful a bird didn't poop in your wallet like what happened to your big brother. I think it took me a lot of effort not to laugh at that one.

Unknown said...

It's actually an old Italian peasant tradition (not sure where precisely, but maybe Sicily?) that getting shat on by a bird is a symbol of good luck.