Monday, August 06, 2007

welcome to me

yo. I'd like to officially welcome myself! Woot! Woot!

i am Harley's bffae (to basically explain my connection to said blog)... Though we met in (Conservative) seminary, i hail from Reform roots. i've been believer, atheist, agnostic and back again. Mmmm.. wrestling with Gd.. quite the mental/emotional exercise. Throw in a little Marxism and a bit of anarchism and you have a person with quite the ongoing religious and political crisis. word.

[i also hate capital letters and proper sentence structure when not writing egghead papers... so you are forewarned. however, i do love commas and the always useful ellipsis!!]

Soon, oh so soon, I will be a student at a nondenominational divinity school in the Midwest. There I will spend my days studying comparative theology and in whatever time leftover i will be messing around with graphic design, art and planning a fabulous lesbian wedding (!!
)

My B'Sheret*, who will be herein called B'Sheret (sorry if there are any homophobes offended by this term, actually i lied, i couldn't care less if you are offended), is a Jew by choice and the coming year will be all about making that official before the wedding.

So with the warning that i am an emotional, cultural, even superstitious Jew, not halakhic, my first Jewish question to throw out there to the open minded: Did Gd, if there is a Gd of course, send her to me in part because she is bringing me back to Judaism? Dude, twenty bucks says we are keeping Shabbos by Pesach!

**
B'sheret means soul mate, it can also mean fated.

6 comments:

Diana said...

Welcome! But what does bffae mean?

Suzie Schwartz said...

best friends forever and ever :)

Anonymous said...

your distaste of cap letters is nOt uniform...but welcome all the same.

Diana said...

I thought it meant At Everest... Or something weird like that

Suzie Schwartz said...

no.. we are just that immature

harley said...

Oh you and your lower-case letters! So kooky and individualistic. You do know that there's not a scarcity of upper-case letters, right? Welcome to the blog, my anti-caps foil! CAPS!