Monday, August 06, 2007

Home is Magic

So I'm at home, in the bosom of my family, for the week between jobs. Basically, it's awesome. As I don't live here regularly, I'm not expected to take part in the regular upkeep of the house (ie painting the garage, or gardening) but only to clean up after myself; something I do on a regular basis.

As a result of this, I have had plenty of time to read, work out, and watch TV. These are the things that I've discovered:

1) Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld is insightful, well-written, but towards the end I just wanted it to be over, as it was agonizing to read (mostly because I remember those awful teen feelings).

2) Throwdown with Bobby Flay might be my new favorite TV show. Not only because of my love for Bobby Flay, but also because it is a charming, and good-natured competition. I watched Bobby lose "competition meatloaf" on the basis of the fact that his wasn't as "comforting" as the other.

3) The JCC gym near me is awesome. No one is ever there, there are TVs eternally set to Law and Order, and I am the youngest person by 20 years. Magic.

4) I am no longer MTV's target audience.

That is basically all. Now it is time for me to go try on some bridesmaid dresses. *sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love throw down. I've lost many hours of sleep turning on throw down and not being able to turn it off until it's over.

Sherbs said...

Ooo...I loved Prep. It managed to send me back to HS quickly. I think it was agonizing to read, because it was agonizing for Lee to deal with. You felt bad for her, but not quite bad enough. And I haven't watched enough throwdown. That should change.